Friday, August 20, 2010

Anniversary Cake For Erin & Lenny





Erin and Lenny are two lovely people who celebrated their fifth wedding anniversary recently... and Erin requested a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. I never keep peanut butter around because I am a horrible little peanut butter fiend. I could eat it with a spoon until the jar is empty and my jeans no longer fit. (This has happened, and it takes many hours at the gym to sweat this out.) Any kind of peanut butter -- natural, smooth, natural crunchy, Squirrel brand with the peanut on top (seriously such a genius little marketing touch, as I still remember that from my childhood and still look for it today)... and especially Kraft's evil and delicious smooth peanut butter (made with icing sugar-- true, and brutally delicious). Any and all peanut butter I will devour.

And peanut butter and chocolate together -- sheer diet-wrecking insanity. Not that I'm ever on a diet... I have never been able to diet in my life, because I love eating too much. I'd rather pound the pavement in runners and a baggy old tshirt burning calories, or do power yoga, and be able to eat most anything I like... though I do still eat fairly healthily, an attitude instilled by my mom when we were growing up, ie "one Oreo cookie wrapped in saran wrap" for a treat in my lunchbag or a handful of seaweed-based "gummy" bears in natural fruit flavours.

Anyhoo... I made this cute little peanut butter buttercream-frosted dark chocolate cake with dark chocolate ganache filling, and a delightful little pool of chocolate on top. Let me tell ya, it was pretty hard not to just dig right into the cake with a spoon. :)

Happy Anniversary Erin & Lenny! Here's to many more years of love, fun travel, good food and happiness!

xo Lyndsay

9 comments:

Alanna S. said...

Love the flags! Sounds good too. Peanut butter is delicious.

Coco Cake Land said...

Thanks Alanna-- aiyahh, yes indeed peanut butter is delicious... !

julie desmeules said...

So beautiful! Ans it sounds delicious :)

Coco Cake Land said...

oh thank you julie!! hope you've had a great (no doubt busy) summer thusfar. :)

Lala said...

Oh hungryyyyyyy ;)

come and visit me
http://lala-tulpe.blogspot.com/

I BLEED PINK said...

Oh that looks so creamy and dreamy!!!

emily.marie said...

this is beautiful & looks like it tastes exponentially more amazing! i want to dive into a jar of peanut butter, but have none left- for the exact same reasons you gave. :)

brittney perry said...

holy crap your description of eating peanut butter with a spoon and not having jeans that fit? that's my life and I love you.

Coco Cake Land said...

thanks for the comment lala!

thanks i bleed pink!

thanks emily.marie! ^_^ peanut butter = sheer pain/deliciousness

haha! thanks britt... ! ^_^