Thursday, April 2, 2009

Coco Cake In A Real Pickle







When someone loooooves pickles, you just gotta make them a crazy cake: starring a pickle with a face on it wearing a top hat, sitting on top of a scrumptious lemon raspberry cake with creamcheese frosting. You can just hear this little guy singing an old timey tune or cracking a really corny yet hilarious joke!

Remember how I was telling ya that I tend to draw my designs before givin' er in real-life cake form? I took a pic of the drawing for your amusement and possible interest! The little flowery thing on the right hand side of the drawing was actually an idea for a sliced fondant pickle to adorn the sides.

Mmmm, I would love a crunchy garlic pickle right about now... I made this crazy pickle out of green colored fondant, and poked about a million holes into the poor guy to simulate the surface of a pickle. He's pretty casual times, layin' down like it ain't no thang to be a crazy cool old pickle in a top hat!!!

6 comments:

Henry said...

I love gherkins! And I love this cake - you do a great job of everything! Love Henry

Coco Cake Land said...

henry, you are truly a kind and friendly nut of a monkey. thanks!! :)

babalisme said...

You make the loveliest cake!! I love everything you bake..

gyoza*girl said...

love the pickle cake! :)

apparentlyjessy said...

Oh I just love your crazy cake topping characters! I just adore your creative cake making and your blog so much! A fondant pickle on a cake? I want one! Who wouldn't want one!?

Coco Cake Land said...

-- thanks all! *crunch*