Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hey Hey Hey, I'm Just A Rat






My talented friend Melissa requested a birthday cake for one of her best pals, with the only requirement being a fondant rat in a teal sweatsuit, rocking out wearing a Walkman with headphones. Nice!! I love stuff like this!!! I threw in a muscle car... cause I could just picture this smooth operator cruisin' around, blaring some hot cassettes and trying to pick up rat ladies... (yes, I realize the car is dwarfed by Mr. Rat Cool...)

The cake is dark chocolate, ganache filled with chocolate buttercream, and covered in fondant! More fondant covered mini cakes to come... along with some cute and crazy cupcake requests...!

UPDATE: My dad, and brother-in-law have since pointed out to me that the orange car is not a muscle car. It's a JAGUAR!! This rat has SERIOUS CLASS!!!

3 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

ow you get really interesting requests for cke. this looks great. nice job :)

gyoza*girl said...

haha, that's an awesome mouse in a sweatsuit. rock on! hopefully that's a sony walkman?

Coco Cake Land said...

DEFINITELY SONY!! Only Sony is called "Walkman?" ??